Subject: Call for nominees for the Postel Award

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2021 17:05:29 -0400

Dear colleagues,

The Internet Society is pleased to announce that nominations for the
2021 Jonathan B. Postel Service Award are now open.
  
Each year, the Internet Society presents the prestigious award to an
individual or organization that, like Jon Postel, has made outstanding
and sustained contributions in service to the Internet community.
  
The award commemorates Jon Postel’s extraordinary stewardship in the
course of his 30-year career in networking.  (There is a tribute to
him from the 10th anniversary of his death at
https://www.internetsociety.org/grants-and-awards/postel-service-award/ten-year-tribute-jon-postel/.)
  
The chosen candidate will be presented with a USD20,000 honorarium and
the signature crystal engraved globe at a global conference with
Internet technical leaders later this year.

Previous award winners include Steven Huter for fostering local
Internet communities globally, Kimberly Claffy for her contribution to
Internet measurement, Kanchana Kanchanasut for accelerating Internet
development in Thailand, and Nii Quaynor for driving the spread of the
Internet across Africa.  All the awardees are listed at
https://www.internetsociety.org/grants-and-awards/postel-service-award/.  

Special emphasis is placed on candidates who have supported and
enabled others in addition to their own contributions.

Please spread the word by sharing this with your networks.
  
For more information about the award, see
https://www.internetsociety.org/grants-and-awards/postel-service-award/. 
  
The nomination period ends on 2 July 2021 23:59 UTC. For questions,
please email [email-masked].

Best regards,
Andrew

-- 
Andrew Sullivan
President & CEO, Internet Society
[email-masked]
+1 416 731 1261