Subject: Re: DKIM, mailing lists, and bounces

From: SM <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 May 2010 01:00:23 -0700

Hello,

Adam Roach posted a message to an IETF mailing list about bounces for 
some messages with DKIM signatures.  Messages posted to the IETF 
mailing lists will have their DKIM signatures invalidated as a tag is 
added to the subject line and a message footer appended to the 
message body.  An invalidated DKIM signature generally doesn't cause 
mail delivery issues.  However, if the domain in the From: header 
field advertises an ADSP policy of "all" or discardable", there is a 
risk that some receivers subscribed to the mailing lists might reject 
or discard the message.

It's up to the author of the message to see whether it is worthwhile 
to use a less restrictive ADSP policy for the domain used to post to 
mailing lists.  Receivers might also want to take corrective action 
at their end if they believe that it is not appropriate to reject, 
bounce or discard valid messages.

Regards,
-sm