Subject: Last Call: draft-ietf-csi-send-cert (Certificate profile and certificate management for SEND) to Proposed Standard

From: "Jim Schaad" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 21:06:11 -0700

I have the following comments on this document

1.  I find the following statement ambiguous:

	CCC is not used to constrain MIME encapsulated data, i.e., MIME
   	wrapping layers are not processed with regard to CCC.

   I do not know if this means that processing is to stop at a MIME
encapsulation layer, or if it means that the id-data content type cannot be
constrained.  (Or perhaps both meanings are correct.)  IF the first is meant
I would suggest "CCC processing stops when a MIME encapsulation layer is
encountered."  If the second is meant then it should say "CCC cannot be used
to constrain the creation of the id-data content type."

2.  It is my personal opinion that the algorithm as described is overly
confusing.  I was able to fully understand the procedure only by interacting
with the authors and not from the document.  While there have been some
changes to the text since that time, I do not believe that the basic
problems with making the algorithm clear have been addressed in the
document.  I did supply what I considered to be a much simpler version of
the algorithm to the authors, but they decided not to make the changes that
I outlined in my suggested text.

Jim

---

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 13:26:09 -0400

Hi Jim,
   I think you are commenting on the wrong document. You probably meant 
to comment on draft-housley-cms-content-constraints-extn whose last call 
period ended on April 19th.

Thanks
Suresh
	
On 10-05-06 12:06 AM, Jim Schaad wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Ietf mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: "Jim Schaad" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 12:44:52 -0700

I am sorry I got the wrong subject list for this.  IT was a different draft
I was trying to deal with.  I will look at this document soon.

Jim

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Suresh Krishnan [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2010 10:26 AM
> To: Jim Schaad
> Cc: 'IETF discussion list'
> Subject: Re: Last Call: draft-ietf-csi-send-cert (Certificate profile
> and certificate management for SEND) to Proposed Standard
> 
> Hi Jim,