Subject: Review of drafts

From: Manayya belliganur <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 09:59:35 -0700

Hi,

Please let me know how I can initiate review for the below drafts.

draft-*manayya*-ripv3-00 - RIP Version
3<https://www3.tools.ietf.org/html/draft-manayya-ripv3-00>

draft-*manayya*-cspf-00 - Constrained Shortest Path
First<http://tools.ietf.org/search/draft-manayya-cspf-00>

Thanks,
Manayya KB

---

From: Adrian Farrel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 May 2010 22:16:21 +0100

Hi Manayya,

> Please let me know how I can initiate review for the below drafts.

Opening discussions on the IETF discussion list is not a bad start.

> 3<https://www3.tools.ietf.org/html/draft-manayya-ripv3-00>

Since the RIP2 working group was closed some five years ago, there is 
probably no point in chasing the old mail list from that group.

I would suggest bringing this draft to the Routing Discussion list 
[email-masked]
>From here, if you are able to build some support for the work, we might move 
it to the Routing Area Working Group.

However, before you do this, you might want to fill in a little more detail 
for your draft. Especially, you could add some substance to the motivation 
for this work in terms of deployment scenarios.

> First<http://tools.ietf.org/search/draft-manayya-cspf-00>

It is not clear to me what this draft adds to what we already know, and I 
don't know what you are trying to standardise - surely the CSPF algorithm 
does not need to be standardised across all implementations. But anyway, 
there are three working groups that might consider your draft: OSPF, IS-IS, 
and MPLS. You could send them a notification of the existence of your draft.

However, it might be worthwhile to explain in your draft what it is you are 
trying to achieve. I.e. "why this document".

Thanks,
Adrian