Subject: ISOC Fellowship to the IETF - seeking applicants for IETF 70 and IETF 71

From: Mirjam Kuehne <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 10:48:33 +0200

Dear Colleagues,

The Internet Society has announced that it is seeking applications
for the next round of the ISOC Fellowship to the IETF program. The
program offers engineers from developing countries fellowships that
fund the cost of attending an IETF meeting.

Individuals from developing countries who have been following and
participating in the work of the IETF remotely -- but have not yet
attended an IETF meeting in person -- are encouraged to apply for
the Fellowship.

Fellowships will be awarded through a competitive application
process. The Internet Society is currently accepting fellowship
applications for the next two IETF meetings:

   * IETF 70 being held in Vancouver, Canada on December 2-7 2007, and
   * IETF 71 being held in Philadelphia, USA on March 9-14, 2008

Up to five fellowships will be awarded for each IETF meeting.

Full details on the ISOC Fellowship to the IETF, including how to
apply, are located on the ISOC website at :

        http://www.isoc.org/educpillar/fellowship

The application deadline both IETF meetings has been extended until 
14 September 2007.

The Internet Society formally launched the ISOC Fellowship to the
IETF program in January 2007 after successfully piloting the program
during 2006 at IETF 66 in Montreal and IETF 67 in San Diego. Fifteen
individuals from 12 countries have participated in the program since
its inception.

If you have questions, please do not hesiate to contact 
Karen Rose <[email-masked]> or Mirjam Kuehne <[email-masked]>.

Kind Regards,
Mirjam Kuehne
ISOC

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf