Subject: Subscribtion and qustion

From: "Natasha Petrovska" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 14:35:45 +0200

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a postgraduate student from Macedonia. I would like to attend some of
your meetings, since my thesis is connected with GPS and I work in a Public
transport enterprise. Can I be your member or atendee or receive any
information (news) conected with these themes?

Thank you very much in advance.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely yours,
Petrovska Natasa
_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 15:01:07 +0200

On Fri, Sep 14, 2007 at 02:35:45PM +0200,
 Natasha Petrovska <[email-masked]> wrote 
 a message of 55 lines which said:

> I would like to attend some of your meetings, since my thesis is
> connected with GPS and I work in a Public transport enterprise.

I am not sure there is an IETF Working Group in these domains? It
seems a bit far away from typical IETF work. You should first check
the current work at:

http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/wg-dir.html

Macedonia should use Galileo, anyway :-)

> Can I be your member or atendee 

Anyone can be a member of the IETF, there is no formal registration,
just subscribe to the mailing list of the working group of your
choice.

If you want to physically attend the meetings, see:

http://www.ietf.org/meetings/meetings.html

If you lack money, see the attached message from ISOC, may be
Macedonia is eligible.

But it seems you lack basic information about the IETF so I really
recommend you read:

http://www.ietf.org/overview.html
http://www.ietf.org/tao.html

Subject: ISOC Fellowship to the IETF - seeking applicants for IETF 70 and IETF 71
From: Mirjam Kuehne <[email-masked]>
To: IETF Announcement list <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 15:20:20 -0400
List-Id: ietf-announce.ietf.org

Dear Colleagues,

The Internet Society has announced that it is seeking applications for
the next round of the ISOC Fellowship to the IETF program. The program
offers engineers from developing countries fellowships that fund the cost
of attending an IETF meeting.

Individuals from developing countries who have been following and
participating in the work of the IETF remotely -- but have not yet
attended an IETF meeting in person -- are encouraged to apply for the
Fellowship.

Fellowships will be awarded through a competitive application process.
The Internet Society is currently accepting fellowship applications for
the next two IETF meetings:

   * IETF 70 being held in Vancouver, Canada on December 2-7 2007, and
   * IETF 71 being held in Philadelphia, USA on March 9-14, 2008

Up to five fellowships will be awarded for each IETF meeting.

Full details on the ISOC Fellowship to the IETF, including how to apply,
are located on the ISOC website at :

        http://www.isoc.org/educpillar/fellowship

The application deadline both IETF meetings has been extended until
14 September 2007.

The Internet Society formally launched the ISOC Fellowship to the IETF
program in January 2007 after successfully piloting the program during
2006 at IETF 66 in Montreal and IETF 67 in San Diego. Fifteen individuals
from 12 countries have participated in the program since its inception.

If you have questions, please do not hesiate to contact Karen Rose
<[email-masked]> or Mirjam Kuehne <[email-masked]>.

Kind Regards,
Mirjam Kuehne
ISOC

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Marshall Eubanks <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 09:08:40 -0400

Hello;

On Sep 14, 2007, at 8:35 AM, Natasha Petrovska wrote:

> Dear Sir/Madam,
>
> I am a postgraduate student from Macedonia. I would like to attend  
> some of your meetings, since my thesis is connected with GPS and I  
> work in a Public transport enterprise. Can I be your member or  
> atendee or receive any information (news) conected with these themes?
>

There is no formal membership of the IETF.

There is no charge to be a member of a working group - all you have  
to do is join the appropriate mailing list.

Here is a list of working groups
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/wg-dir.html

and here is general information about the mailing lists
http://www.ietf.org/maillist.html

Attending an IETF meeting requires paying a registration fee, which  
is reduced for students.

There are a limited number of ISOC Fellowships to the IETF.

http://www.isoc.org/educpillar/fellowship/

Hope this information is of use to you. I find that, while there is  
no formal membership process, active participation in the IETF does  
require a fair amount of time to understand both the process and what  
issues are current. I would start by reading this

Regards
Marshall Eubanks

---

From: "Hex Star" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 22:35:08 -0700

On 9/14/07, Natasha Petrovska <[email-masked]> wrote:
>  <https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf>
>
>
*whew*, was just about to mark this email as spam :D (because gmail has the
email preview deal and the dear sir/madam I am a... starter is typical for
scam spam emails)
_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: "Felipe Rodrigues" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 15:34:23 -0300

Well, GPS is not a kind of internet connection (INTERNET engineering task
forces) but is a connection, and most of us are programmers. We can help
you, but, besides you ask for, you won't find a lot of specific information
about GPS. But you can find informations that fits in a lot of areas, like
information's security, conectivity, protocols... My work is in
information's security (I love it), and I can help you with it.

Just ask us! No one is suposed to know everything, so if you ask something
"idiot" it's normal, you're human too!

Welcome to IETF.

81duz1d0