Subject: What to do next?

From: Stefanos Harhalakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2007 19:09:08 +0300

Hello there,

  I've wrote and submitted a draft [1]. I've also asked for feedback at the 
http-wg mailing list. I believe that there is no more feedback coming from 
the http-wg list and I'd like an advice on what to do next. (The draft 
describes a method for HTTP to support on-demand headers)

  Should I ask browser developers for more feedback? Should I try to implement 
this? Something tells me that I should not submit it to IESG yet. I've read 
RFC and I-D guidelines and BCP9, but I'm still not sure what to do.

  All advices will be greatly appreciated...

Best regards,
Harhalakis Stefanos

[1] https://datatracker.ietf.org/drafts/draft-sharhalakis-httphreq/ (2nd 
version is submitted and should be visible soon)

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: xupeili 18916 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 00:16:13 +0800

Hi, Stefanos

There is an excellent tutorial on how to bring new work to the IETF here:

http://edu.ietf.org/node/view/69 

Peili

---

From: Stefanos Harhalakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 00:58:06 +0300

<<Sorry for the top-posting...>>

  First of all, thank you for your reply...

  From the presentation I understand that I should 'convince' the WG first 
(page 14). Since a WG for HTTP does not exist and I've already talked to the 
http-wg mailing list, should I follow the suggested 
'Individuals->WG->IETF->IESG' path and ask this list?

  Also, I believe that I've already seen most of the things that the 
presenations shows in BCP9 and the other docs I've read. Did I miss 
something?

---

From: Spencer Dawkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 05:33:10 -0500

Hi, Stephanos,

From: "Stefanos Harhalakis" <[email-masked]>

> 'Individuals->WG->IETF->IESG' path and ask this list?

It is a fair comment that the presentation does not specifically address
"how to bring new work into a working group that is so old it has concluded,
but it concluded so long ago that it may be coming back as an active working
group".

> presenations shows in BCP9 and the other docs I've read. Did I miss

For the first time in a bunch of years, the IETF held a BOF about HTTP at
IETF 69. We don't make it easy for people to find the minutes, etc, (because
the proceedings are still being gathered. Apparently they don't get linked
to the Proceedings page until the deadline for submission passes), but you
can find the meeting materials hsre:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/69/materials.html (then scan down to
the APP area, and then click on "HTTPbis").

Without trying to decode the minutes, etc. - I'm remembering that lisa
Dusseault; was the AD who sponsored the BOF, and Lisa would be the person
best able to tell you how to bring your work to the IETF.

She may point you to the APP-AREA mailing list (details at
http://www.apps.ietf.org/mailing-lists.html), but I would contact Lisa
directly, because you're not going to know what she wants you to do, any
other way. She's at [email-masked].

Hope this is helpful. Have a great week.

Spencer

---

From: Stefanos Harhalakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 20:33:24 +0300

> other way. She's at [email-masked].

Thank you very much!

> Hope this is helpful. Have a great week.

It was! U2! :-)