Subject: Re: comments on Friday scheduling, etc.

From: [email-masked] (Sean Doran)
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 07:47:57 +0100 (CET)

Ran Atkinson writes:

| 	- Reception & Social might be merged together on Sunday evening.

The trend in vendor-sponsored social events lately has been so
abysmally awful that even working group meetings are less tedious,
so I fully support this suggestion for getting the Tuesday night
event over with much earlier in the week.

	Sean. (frequent anti-social co-organizer)

---

From: Jon Crowcroft <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 08:30:47 +0000

some people don't live in the US but do have families

50% of us are
flying out saturday to be there for sunday all day meetings, flying
eastwards on friday, to get back mid day saturday, we lose 2 weekends.
compare this to intra-US flite to and from, i don';t think esxtending
friday is sustainable. we don't have that much more work, we need better
scheduling is all

in fact, there;s lots of evidence that work is done BETTER when time
available for it is reduced..esp. when particpants re jetlagged.

tired working groups make tired decisions. like driving, this can be
dangerous...

j.