Subject: comment for draft-deng-call-chinese-names-00 (was Re: Regarding call Chinese names)

From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 06:07:57 +0200

Hi Hui Deng,

My comment for the draft is that I want to relate it to IETF as below,
which I see that already some on IETF addressed by draft already call
names including regional calling culture, which is excellent. The
document will increase awareness and make the IETF culture more
diversive. Comments:

- The draft mentions word *speak*, is their formal and informal
speaking difference in calling names ( you mentioned Mr/Mrs, but I was
not sure it that compulsory formal way. Also what about how they
*write* formally or informally. The word *call* in the title do you
mean only in speaking or calling also in writing.

- I am interested to know more why/how IETF participants (in past) had
difficulty to communicate the names not how western people? So it may
be good to know the history how IETF did call chinese names, or how
they introduced their names in registrations. Secondly, not sure how
the Chinese write and speak the names (is there difference way), as
formal and informal, so I would like to know is there differences in
writing documents, and does authors from this language like to
translate there name to English without changing the tradition ways.
So if you write in chinese do you prefer to write in your
English-document, as author: Hui Deng or Deng Hui?

- Does the draft want to give information to IETF to consider *call*
when speaking or also when writing/reading documents? and if you write
your formal name as your speak names tradition, do you suggest a
method to have in writting names translated to English in IETF doc
(optional for authors) without ignoring the authors' regional culture.
So you may write for this draft: Author- Deng Hui (mandarin) in the
last page of IETF doc and in front page the same formal English
semantic way, as Hui Deng.

Please advise,
Thanks,

AB

On 7/11/13, Hui Deng <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Hello all
>
> We submitted two drafts to help people here to correctly call chinese
> people names:
>
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-deng-call-chinese-names-00
>
>    http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zcao-chinese-pronounce-00
>
>
>
> Feel free to let us know if you have any other issues?
>
> Best regards,
>
>
>
> -Hui Deng
>