Subject: Re: IETF-Blog comments

From: Aaron Yi DING <[email-masked]>
Date: 30 Jul 2013 15:48:20 +0100

On 30/07/13 16:34, Jari Arkko wrote:
> Arturo:
>
>> 	Now, something general related to the blog. Perhaps it would be good to
>> enable comments, isn't it?
>

understandable. based on the experience running one blog for a 
organization, if such posts are in English, easily ended up with loads of 
them. either bots or real-human spammer... my impression is that other 
languages are kinda immune to those, e.g., Finnish ;)

Cheers,
Aaron

>
> Yes, that has been issue that has bugged me as well. The IT team tells 
> me that it is problematic from a spam perspective, and they do not want 
> me spending my time approving/removing comments. I don't have practical 
> experience if that's a real issue on this platform (WordPress), though in 
> other similar arrangements it has not been a big problem in my 
> experience. Maybe the IETF community has some advice to us on this...
>
> Jari
>