Subject: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-terriberry-ipr-license-00.txt

From: "Timothy B. Terriberry" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 05:46:26 -0800

As part of the preparations for the video-codec effort, we (Mozilla) are 
seeking feedback on a set of suitable IPR licensing terms. We hope these 
terms could be used (voluntarily) by all (or at least most) contributors 
to the effort, which would simplify the legal analysis required to 
deploy the codec. draft-terriberry-ipr-license-00 contains a first draft 
of such terms. We're very interested in getting feedback on them, both 
from those making contributions and those who might implement or deploy 
the codec.

Subject: New Version Notification for draft-terriberry-ipr-license-00.txt
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 12:19:49 -0800

A new version of I-D, draft-terriberry-ipr-license-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Timothy B. Terriberry and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-terriberry-ipr-license
Revision:	 00
Title:		 Example IPR License Terms
Creation date:	 2013-02-18
Group:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 5
URL:             http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-terriberry-ipr-license-00.txt
Status:          http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-terriberry-ipr-license
Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-terriberry-ipr-license-00

Abstract:
   This draft gives provides an example set of licensing terms for use
   in IPR disclosures that are compatible with the goals of the proposed
   video-codec working group for further discussion and refinement by
   participants at the IETF.  Although usage of such a license is
   strictly voluntary, the hope is that getting agreement on a set of
   terms before the bulk of the work begins will allow contributors to
   use a common license and minimize the amount of legal analysis that
   must be performed in order to deploy the codec.

The IETF Secretariat