Subject: Re: Showing support during IETF LC...

From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 12:58:36 +0100

Hi Warren,

I think IESG do ask for comments, and think that even +1 is a comment,
I prefer if the draft was a WG darft only participants out of the WG
can support. However, you SHOULD mention why you support that, is it
related to a technology, RFC or a WG works, SHOWing interest is
important to see how can the submitted darft be depended on in future.
Usually we don't want just to publish a draft that has few
interest/reason.

Overall, it is the IESG or any sender to your account that SHOULD
specify what was the request about, so as your example, there is no
harm in support,

Thanks for your input,

AB

---

From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 13:07:35 +0100

In addition to what said, I think that the most important think is
that the submitted draft be examined by the community, or read by the
community, this is what IESG needs to know the feeling in the
community after being read. I hope all drafts be read at least by 3 of
the community (not sure of statistics, known only by the IESG),
because we don't want most of our RFCs only commented/read by the IETS
:-)

AB