Subject: Gen-ART LC review of draft-ietf-sipcore-keep-10

From: "Roni Even" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 20:40:19 +0200

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on
Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments you
may receive.

Document: draft-ietf-sipcore-keep-10

Reviewer: Roni Even

Review Date:2010-12-28

IETF LC End Date: 2011-1-5

IESG Telechat date:

Summary: This draft is almost ready for publication as a Standard track RFC.

Major issues:

Minor issues:

1.  In the document you mention that the keep alive can be negotiated in
each direction. I understand the dialog case, is this true for the case of
registration, if yes how is it done from the registrar. If not true maybe
add some text in 4.2.2.

Nits/editorial comments:

1.  In section 4.1 in the first note "If a SIP entity has indicated
willingness to receive keep-alives from an adjacent SIP entity, sending of
keep-alives towards the same SIP entity needs to be separately negotiated".
Who is the same SIP entity mentioned in the end of the sentence. I assume
you meant "towards the adjacent SIP entity".

2.  In the first paragraph of 4.3 and 4.4 you use "must" should it be "MUST"

3.  In 4.3 in the third paragraph "it MUST start to send keep-alives" change
to "it MUST start sending keep-alives"

4.  In figure 2 in the 200 OK response to Alice the VIA is missing.

5.  In section 7.4 third paragraph " When Alice receives the response, she
determines from her Via header field that P1 is willing to receive
keep-alives associated with the dialog." Should be Bob and not P1.