Subject: IETF web site down for IPv6?

From: Tim Chown <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 14:32:25 +0100

Not having any luck connecting - seems to be an issue near the server:

$ traceroute6 www.ietf.org
traceroute6 to www.ietf.org (2001:1890:1112:1::20) from 2001:630:d0:f103:216:cbff:fe8b:752e, 64 hops max, 12 byte packets
 1  2001:630:d0:f103::2  0.529 ms  0.299 ms  0.321 ms
 2  zaphod.6core.ecs.soton.ac.uk  0.283 ms  0.514 ms  0.177 ms
 3  ford.6core.ecs.soton.ac.uk  0.564 ms  0.452 ms  0.491 ms
 4  2001:630:c1:100::1  0.912 ms  0.970 ms  0.755 ms
 5  2001:630:c1:18::a  0.758 ms  0.645 ms  1.550 ms
 6  so2-1-0.lond-sbr1.ja.net  3.664 ms  3.601 ms  3.594 ms
 7  as0.lond-sbr4.ja.net  3.878 ms  3.995 ms  3.894 ms
 8  ix-5-0-0.core4.ldn-london.ipv6.as6453.net  4.093 ms  4.256 ms  4.308 ms
 9  if-14-0-0.1874.mcore3.l78-london.ipv6.as6453.net  5.056 ms  5.872 ms  12.121 ms
10  pos7-0.mcore4.njy-newark.ipv6.as6453.net  76.873 ms  77.426 ms  76.838 ms
11  if-12-0.mcore3.njy-newark.ipv6.as6453.net  93.370 ms  104.308 ms  115.081 ms
12  if-9-0-0.906.core3.nto-newyork.ipv6.as6453.net  77.124 ms  77.282 ms  77.030 ms
13  2001:1890:1fff:10a:192:205:35:13  78.233 ms  77.740 ms  77.825 ms
14  * * *
15  * * *

Same for others?

Hopefully this mail will fall back to IPv4 transport if required.

Tim

---

From: "Glen Barney (AMS)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 08:11:31 -0700

Hello IETF Community...

Just a reminder that, if you have a problem you want solved, you'll get much
faster action by sending email to the secretariat.  You will get many MORE
responses if you send to this list... but while I've been informed that that
is often much more therapeutic, it may not be the actually desired outcome.

Thanks Ray and Marshall for forwarding this to us.  For others, our contact
information is at http://www.ietf.org/secretariat.html (or just look for 
that CONTACT link on the left side bar of any www.ietf.org web page) if you
ever need it.  Please direct problem reports to us so we can more quickly
respond, rather than to various lists, whenever possible.

(And just by way of follow-up, we are currently seeing many IPV6 connections
to the servers and lists, so everything appears to be functioning perfectly
for most other IPV6 users.  We will follow our established procedures for
handling this report, following up with both ISPs until the problem is 
resolved.)

Glen
Glen Barney
IT Director
AMS (IETF Secretariat)