Subject: Re: Last Call: draft-ietf-idnabis-mappings (Mapping Characters in IDNA) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 10:30:05 -0700 (PDT)

On 29-Sep-2009, the IESG issued a Last Call draft-ietf-idnabis-mappings
("Mapping Characters in IDNA"). On 16-Mar-2010, Lisa Dusseault, the
shepherding Area Director for this document, notified the IDNAbis
Working Group that the IESG will not proceed with publication of this
document. This message is to inform the whole community of this decision.

This decision doesn't prevent the document from being published as an
Independent Submission via RFC Editor, or, if consensus in favor of the
document emerges in the future, from being published as an IETF
Consensus document.

On behalf of the IESG,
Russ Housley
IESG Chair

---- Original Last Call Message ---
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Subject: Last Call: draft-ietf-idnabis-mappings (Mapping Characters in
IDNA) to Informational RFC

The IESG has received a request from the Internationalized Domain Names
in Applications, Revised WG (idnabis) to consider the following document:

- 'Mapping Characters in IDNA '
as an Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2009-10-13. Exceptionally,
comments may be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please
retain the beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idnabis-mappings-04.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=18600&rfc_flag=0