Subject: CFP: "Recent Advances in IETF Standards"

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 05:57:50 -0400

I wouldn't normally post a CFP here, but the topic is uniquely relevant to the list.

Henning

==================================================================

Call For Papers - IEEE Communications Magazine
Feature Topic on "Recent Advances in IETF Standards"

==================================================================

The mission of the Internet engineering Task Force (IETF) is to
"make the Internet work better by producing high quality, relevant
technical documents that influence the way people design, use,
and manage the Internet". This is a continuous process driving and
driven by the rapid evolution of the Internet. Protocols and other
technical standards developed by the IETF are fundamental building
blocks of the networked society.

This feature topic will give an overview of recent achievements in
creating standards that soon will have an impact on design, use
and management of the Internet. We welcome tutorial style papers
that describe new IETF standards as well as research papers
presenting results that had an impact on the standardization
process or that investigate the expected impact of recent
standards. 

All submissions should be written to be understandable and
appealing to a general audience.

Areas of Interest
=================
Areas of interest include standards track work that has been
completed recently or will be completed soon from all areas of the
IETF including but not limited to
 - Emergency service
 - Location based services
 - Internationalization
 - Peer-to-peer communication
 - Network address translation
 - Congestion control
 - IP6 transition
 - Mobility and mobility management
 - Secure DNS
 - Routing security
 - Locator/Identifier Separation
 - MPLS Transport Profile
 - Better-than-nothing security
 - Network configuration with XML
 - Internet metrics and measurement

Schedule
========
Full paper submission:  October 1, 2010
Author notifications: December 17, 2010
Manuscripts in final form: January 27, 2011
Publication date:  April 2011

Submission Instructions
=======================
Articles should be tutorial in nature and should be written in a
style comprehensible to readers outside the specialty of the field.
Authors must follow the IEEE Communications Magazine's guidelines
for preparation of the manuscript. Complete guidelines for
prospective authors can be found at
http://www.comsoc.org/livepubs/ci1/info/sub_guidelines.html.
All articles to be considered for publication must be submitted
through the IEEE Manuscript Central
(http://commag-ieee.manuscriptcentral.com).

Guest Editors
=============
Juergen Quittek, NEC Europe Ltd., [email-masked]
Henning Schulzrinne, Columbia University, [email-masked]
Joe Touch, Postel Center, USC/ISI, [email-masked]