Subject: Re: Last Call: draft-ietf-dna-simple (Simple procedures for Detecting Network Attachment in IPv6) to Proposed Standard

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 23:08:28 +0300

For your information, this draft is being re-last called as major 
changes were performed as a result of previous last call and IESG review 
comments. The draft has been stuck for a long time after this because we 
could not come to an agreement between the authors and various reviewers 
on what the right approach is. However, at IETF-78 we met and found a 
commonly agreeable approach. The results are now up for IETF review.

Jari

> The IESG has received a request from the Detecting Network Attachment WG 
> (dna) to consider the following document:
>
> - 'Simple procedures for Detecting Network Attachment in IPv6 '
>    <draft-ietf-dna-simple-16.txt> as a Proposed Standard
>
> The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
> final comments on this action.  Please send substantive comments to the
> [email-masked] mailing lists by 2010-08-24. Exceptionally, 
> comments may be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please 
> retain the beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.
>
> The file can be obtained via
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dna-simple-16.txt
>
>
> IESG discussion can be tracked via
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=17184&rfc_flag=0
>
> _______________________________________________
> IETF-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
>
>

---

From: "t.petch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 09:47:55 +0200

There is something a bit weird in the IETF e-mail system.

The dna list moved from [email-masked] to [email-masked] in June 2008.   I
changed my address in 2010 (and get a monthly reminder from the IETF to confirm
that the change was effective).

The i-d-announce for this I-D and the IETF Last Call from the IESG have gone to
my old address with a Sender: of  [email-masked] (and it
is only by chance that I caught them).  They have not appeared on my new
address.

This e-mail from Jari, by contrast, came to my new address with Sender: of
[email-masked] as well as to the old address (Sender: as above).

Motto: never change an e-mail address, but in the meanwhile, I suspect that
there will be others who will not have received the e-mails from the IESG or
from i-d-announce.  My sense is that there are e-mail addresses stored in the
tracker system that do not get updated when, eg,  a list address changes.

Tom Petch

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jari Arkko" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 10:08 PM
Subject: Re: [dna] Last Call: draft-ietf-dna-simple (Simple procedures for
Detecting Network Attachment in IPv6) to Proposed Standard

> > IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=17184&rf
c_flag=0
> dna mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dna

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 17:41:28 +0300

Tom,

There is indeed some confusion, somehow at the point when we changed the 
list to an IETF one, not all places got updated. If the working group 
still existed (I closed it a while ago) I would ask this to be remedied. 
As it is, I decided to just e-mail both lists for the handful of e-mails 
that are necessary.

The [email-masked] list is the one that everyone should be using, if they 
want to discuss DNA topics.

Jari