Subject: Re: A session for resolving my DISCUSSes

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 09:23:11 +0100

Hi,

On 2009-11-1, at 1:00, Dave CROCKER wrote:
> I haven't heard of an AD's doing this before.

most areas have been scheduling "office hour" slots during the week  
for the last few years, for this and other purposes, but those usually  
only get announced to the area lists.

Maybe we should change that and list them on the main agenda, but we  
typically don't know when they'll be until after the agenda is  
finalized.

Lars

---

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 11:59:32 +0100

We can ask the Secretariat to gather the current schedules of the
different areas open hours and post them on this list, on the
76attendees list, and on the announcement board at the meeting. By doing
this a relevant number of people will be reached, I think. 

FWIW, the OPS AD's are holding the OPS office hours on Thursday 11/12
between 15:00 and 16:30 in the IESG breakout room which is Room
Castleview 2. 

Dan

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On 
> Behalf Of Lars Eggert
> Sent: Sunday, November 01, 2009 10:23 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: Alexey Melnikov; [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: A session for resolving my DISCUSSes
> 
> Hi,
> 
> most areas have been scheduling "office hour" slots during 
> the week for the last few years, for this and other purposes, 
> but those usually only get announced to the area lists.
> 
> Maybe we should change that and list them on the main agenda, 
> but we typically don't know when they'll be until after the 
> agenda is finalized.
> 
> Lars
>

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2009 12:13:10 +0000

Lars Eggert wrote:

> for the last few years, for this and other purposes, but those 
> usually  only get announced to the area lists.

Indeed. My proposal was inspired by "office hours", but I thought 
concentrating on DISCUSS resolution would be better, because other Area 
specific topics should be brought up during the respective area 
meetings. (And also my thanks to another IETF friend who asked me why 
ADs accumulate so many DISCUSSes over time).

> typically don't know when they'll be until after the agenda is  

In case people don't know, use of IESG room is shown in 
<http://tools.ietf.org/group/iesg/trac/wiki/UpcomingIetf>. This 
frequently contains some sessions not covered by the agenda.

---

From: Dave CROCKER <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2009 08:26:58 -0800

Alexey Melnikov wrote:
> meetings. 

The fact that Discusses are often/usually for work done in a different area also 
means that area-specific notice of office hours isn't enough.

d/

-- 

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking
   bbiw.net

---

From: Dave CROCKER <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2009 08:27:35 -0800

d/

-- 

   Dave Crocker