Subject: RE: IAOC Member Selection

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 01:00:00 -0400

The nomination period closes on 16 November 2009.  The IESG is still 
seeking candidates for the IAOC with a term starting in March 2010 
and ending in March 2012.

Thanks,
   Russ

>Nominations and eligibility
>
>The IESG is making a public call for nominations.  Self-nominations
>are permitted.  All IETF participants, including working group chairs,
>IETF NomCom members, IAB members, and IESG members are eligible for
>nomination.  Of course, IAB and IESG members who accept nomination will
>recuse themselves from selection and confirmation discussions.  Please
>send nominations to [email-masked].  Please include the following with
>each nomination:
>
>    - Name
>
>    - Contact information
>
>    - Candidate background and qualifications
>
>
>Selection
>
>The IESG will publish the list of nominated persons prior to making a
>decision, allowing time for the community to provide any relevant
>comments to the IESG.
>
>The IESG will review the nomination material, any comments provided by
>the community, and make a selection.
>
>
>Confirmation
>
>The IAB will act as the confirming body for the selection.  In the
>event that the IAB determines not to confirm the nominated candidate,
>the IAB will provide the IESG with the basis for this determination and
>the IESG will nominate another candidate.
>
>
>Care of Personal Information
>
>The following procedures will be used in managing candidates' personal
>information:
>
>    - The list of candidate names will be published at the close of the
>      nominations period.  A candidate that refuses the nomination will
>      not be included on the list.
>
>    - Excerpts of the information provided to the IESG by the nominated
>      candidate will be passed to the IAB as part of the confirmation
>      process. The IAB will be requested to maintain confidentiality of
>      candidate information.
>
>    - Except as noted above, all information provided to the IESG during
>      this process will be kept as confidential to the IESG.