Subject: Re: RFC levels and I-D "levels"

From: Alfred Hönes <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 18:10:51 +0100 (MEZ)

At Fri, 13 Nov 2009 13:42:32 +0200, Yaron Sheffer wrote:

> - Make the "tools" URL for an I-D into the mainstream way to access
>   I-Ds.  Specifically, include this URL in the I-D announcement mail.
>   This would have the benefit of pointing people to related RFCs and
>   to relevant IPR statements.

I had made a similar change proposal [1] in February for the IESG's
Last call announcements, but there has not been any positive echo
on this proposal -- besides a single voice from outside the IESG.

Kind regards,
  Alfred Hönes.

[1]
  http://www.IETF.ORG/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg55563.html

-- 

+------------------------+--------------------------------------------+
| TR-Sys Alfred Hoenes   |  Alfred Hoenes   Dipl.-Math., Dipl.-Phys.  |
| Gerlinger Strasse 12   |  Phone: (+49)7156/9635-0, Fax: -18         |
| D-71254  Ditzingen     |  E-Mail:  [email-masked]                     |
+------------------------+--------------------------------------------+