Subject: IETF 79 Announcement

From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 02:24:21 -0500

The IAOC is pleased to announce the ancient and historic city of  
Beijing as the site for IETF 79 from 7 - 10 November 2010.  This will  
be the IETF's first meeting in China.  The meeting will be held at the  
Shangri-La Beijing Hotel.

The IAOC and the Internet Society are also very pleased to announce  
that the Host for this meeting will be Tsinghua University, which has  
already hosted over 100 International Conferences/Meetings.  The  
University sends many individuals to participate in IETF meetings on a  
regular basis, and has demonstrated leadership and real perseverance  
in its efforts to bring the IETF to China.  Thank you!

The IAOC is confident that a successful IETF meeting can be held in  
Beijing and we are looking forward to our first meeting in China.

The 2010 IETF Meetings calendar is now complete:

IETF 77  Anaheim, CA, the United States
IETF 78  Maastricht, the Netherlands	Hosted by SIDN
IETF 79  Beijing, the People Republic of China	Hosted by Tsinghua  
University

Looking forward to seeing you at these interesting venues!

Ray Pelletier
IETF Administrative Director

---

From: Steven Bellovin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 12:06:57 -0500

On Nov 9, 2009, at 2:24 AM, Ray Pelletier wrote:

> Beijing as the site for IETF 79 from 7 - 10 November 2010.

Nov 7-10?  Sunday-Wednesday?  That's unusually short for an IETF  
meeting.

		--Steve Bellovin, http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~smb

---

From: Marshall Eubanks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 12:39:20 -0500

> Nov 7-10?  Sunday-Wednesday?  That's unusually short for an IETF  

Fall 2010 - 79th IETF
November 7-12, 2010

Regards

Marshall

> _______________________________________________
> Ietf mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf
>

---

From: Ole Jacobsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 09:56:37 -0800 (PST)

Yeah, that should of course be 7 - 12, Sunday to Friday as usual.

Just goes to show that no matter how long you stare at text there is 
still at least one obvious error letf ;-)

Ole

Ole J. Jacobsen
Editor and Publisher,  The Internet Protocol Journal
Cisco Systems
Tel: +1 408-527-8972   Mobile: +1 415-370-4628
E-mail: [email-masked]  URL: http://www.cisco.com/ipj

On Mon, 9 Nov 2009, Steven Bellovin wrote:

> >The IAOC is pleased to announce the ancient and historic city of Beijing as
> >the site for IETF 79 from 7 - 10 November 2010.
> 
> Nov 7-10?  Sunday-Wednesday?  That's unusually short for an IETF meeting.
> 
>

---

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 16:39:25 +0900

On Mon, Nov 09, 2009 at 02:24:21AM -0500,
 Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]> wrote 
 a message of 119 lines which said:

> The meeting will be held at the Shangri-La Beijing Hotel.

So, in the end, what was signed with the hotel, regarding the ability
of the hotel to cancel the meeting if one IETF participant says
something that could be interpreted as political?

---

From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 15:11:36 -0500

> something that could be interpreted as political?

The provision was removed from the contract.  The Hotel will not be  
monitoring the sessions or
canceling the meeting.

Ray

---

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 10:37:42 +0900

On Mon, Nov 09, 2009 at 04:39:25PM +0900,
 Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]> wrote 

> something that could be interpreted as political?

OK, the second message, by Bob Hinden, answered that.