Subject: Re: IETF Website Outage

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2008 00:04:20 +0200

Alexa,

First: thanks for getting the system up and running again. Then a small
addition to what you said:

> Many of you in Europe attempted to notify us of the outage and were unsure
> of how to reach us, or what number to call. Thank you to everyone who
> attempted to notify us, and I apologize for the fact that the process was
> more confusing and time-consuming than it should have been.
>   

Actually, I think some of us learned a lesson during this incident. The
confusion was not entirely your fault. I think we would have had access
to a few more phone numbers to call... had those phone numbers been
somewhere else than on the web site that went down. Duh :-)

> 2) In case the email notification doesn't work properly for some reason, we
> are also setting up an emergency IT hotline be to used to notify the AMS IT
> department, whatever the hour. This number will be activated within the next
> 24 hours and I will distribute the phone number to the entire community as
> soon as I have it available.
>   
I think this will be very helpful. And now: everyone store that number
somewhere locally. Don't expect to be able to go to the IETF mail
archives to search for it at the time that you will need it.

Jari

_______________________________________________
IETF mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf