Subject: RE: OFF TOPIC - Bail money for IETF 64?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 14:21:14 -0400

There's a difference between "take our course and we certify that you
are an engineer" and "my job title is engineer".  

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: "Nicholas Staff" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 13:01:45 -0700

> are an engineer" and "my job title is engineer".  

Not in Canada.  The word itself is regulated and can not be used in a job
title or function unless you are a member of their engineers society.  A
candle maker can not call himself a candle engineer and if he does he can be
taken to court.

For non-certification/non Microsoft related example go here and read the
fourth paragraph from the bottom or simply go to the ccpe web site.

http://www.oiq.qc.ca/whatsnew/afficher-communiques.html?441

I won't respond again listwide on this thread as this was meant to be a
one-off joke not a game of who's smarter than who.

Nick