Subject: Vint Cerf joins Google

From: Gene Gaines <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 15:09:08 -0400

There is news, and, from time to time, wonderful news.
This wonderful news.   -Gene Gaines

From www.forbes.com

Faces In The News
Google Hires Internet Legend Vint Cerf
David M. Ewalt, 09.08.05, 12:06 PM ET 

Cerf's up: Google says it's boosting the company's already
strong geek cred by hiring Vint Cerf, one of the founding
fathers of the Internet, to serve as its "Chief Internet
Evangelist."

Cerf, 62, was an engineer at the United States Department of
Defense's Advanced Research Projects Agency from 1976 to 1982,
where he helped design TCP/IP, the suite of communications
protocols that is used to connect computers on the Internet.
Later, while working at MCI (nasdaq: MCIP - news - people ), he
helped design the first commercial e-mail service to be
connected to the Internet. He's the recipient of the National
Medal of Technology, the Association for Computing Machinery's
"Turing Award," and is chairman of the Internet Corporation for
Assigned Names and Numbers, or ICANN.

"Vint Cerf is clearly one of the great technology leaders of our
time," said Google (nasdaq: GOOG - news - people )Chief
Executive Eric Schmidt, in a statement. "His vision for
technology helped create entire industries that have transformed
many parts of our lives. We are honored to welcome him to
Google."

In his role as Google's Internet Evangelist, Cerf will help the
company build network infrastructure, architectures, systems,
and standards for the next generation of Internet applications.
He will also continue his efforts on other projects, including
ICANN and the Interplanetary Network, a project of NASA's Jet
Propulsion Lab, which aims to extend the Internet into outer
space for planet-to-planet communications.

Source:
www.forbes.com/2005/09/08/google-cerf-internet-cx_de_0908autofacescan04.html

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf