Subject: TE and QoS

From: Ali Boudani <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 09:00:25 +0200

What are the differences between Traffic Engineering and QoS ??
Arent we using TE to ensure Qos ??
thanx

---

From: "Balaji H. Kasal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 14:53:31 +0530 (IST)

> What are the differences between Traffic Engineering and QoS ??

They r related. Basically Traffic engg. deals to manage traffic, under
failure etc. While QoS deals with reservation of resources to guarenty the
service.

--balaji

-- 
--balaji

---

From: Dominic Pinto <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 11:24:56 +0100

A colleague, Antony Oodan, who consults in the (telecoms) quality of
service environment with ITU and Study Group 12 (?), needs to make
contact with the appropriate ietf area director/working group(s). I'd be
grateful if the right folks would let me have contact details that I can
relay. 

best wishes

Dominic

-- 
Dominic Pinto
-------------
Associate Director @ TCUK		| Barn Cottage, Hill House
Senior Associate Telesphere Limited	| Somerton Road, Souldern
http://www.telespherelimited.com	| Bicester, Oxon, OX25 6LS, UK	
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ph/Fax: +44 1869 346375 Cellphone/GSM Mobile: +44 780 302 8268
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Were you a student at the University of Newcastle upon Tyne?
Register now on 'NUgrad'  - YOUR interactive on-line
database - at  http://www.ncl.ac.uk/alumni/NUgrad
----------------------------------------------------------------------
The Internet should be for Everyone - help make it so by joining the 
Internet Society ISOC - http://www.england.isoc.org
----------------------------------------------------------------------