Subject: Again it all degrades to ad hominem attacks

From: "mark.paton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 18:19:42 +0100

Lloyd,
This should have been aimed at Uber not you,
please accept my humble apologies.

Regards
Mark Paton CEO/DIR. Internet Network Eng
Mercury Network Systems Limited
http://www.mnsl.org

"Mercury Network Systems - The Unstoppable Force"

---

From: [email-masked] (Uber, Chet)
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 14:23:53 -0500

I don't understand what your first post (which should have been aimed at
me) has to do with my post. Color me stupid, but I just don't get the
relevance of your comments. Is it everything I wrote?? What points
specifically are you referring to? I did not intend to, nor do I think I
rubbished engineers in my message. My post was designed to indicate that
the original post was relevant to the mailing list. If anything I
believe that I stated that "certified engineers" will in the long term
deplete the available population of "educated engineers." The certified
engineers are generally specifically trained in one companies product
line, and have little or no comparative experience with alternative
products. Having a classic university and taking certification classes
(including Cisco), I have first hand experience with both methods; and
think you missed my points totally. And exactly what are the likes of
me? Do we know each other?? Have we ever worked together??

Chet Uber, Chief Technology Officer
World Media Company, a World-Herald Company
http://www.omaha.com
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Uber, Chet)
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 14:23:53 -0500