Subject: RE: What direction is the IETF heading ? That of Censorship

From: "Juan del Villar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 10:09:02 -0400

People:

STOP !!!!

I've had enough of this !!!!

This is a technical forum.  I would not blame anybody out there if he/she
wants
to unsubscribe to this mailing list.

You are wasting people's time with this kind of information.  If you want
to discuss
this kind of issues, take them off the IETF mailing list and to an
individual level.

The IETF is for technical issues dealing with the industry, NOT personal
believes.

Juan Del Villar
Software Engineer
Tekelec

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 11:03:01 -0400

For all the people who have expressed similar ideas that they do not wish to
receive e-mail that does not exactly match their interest criteria...Maybe
it would be nice if each of us could post a short e-mail discribing what our
exact interests are in this list. No wait...Someone make it an order,
please...Then we would be ensured that we don't intrude on each other's
realities, or have others intrude upon ours. Hey if we do this right, we may
even be able to eliminate e-mail on this list completely.

Then, it might just be easier to not subscribe to lists if you don't want a
lot of unqualified e-mail.

Hey I don't mean to be a pain in butt here (although I realize I am being
one at this time). Discussions like this are just as silly as the ones you
don't want to hear...Let's cut the bull and get on with our lives...There's
a whole lote more to do that this, plus its much more fun to discover than
it is to dictate...

-Scot Mc Pherson
-Application Engineer
-Wave Wireless Networking
-Div. of SPEEDCOM International
-Phone: 941.358.9283 ext.327
-Fax: 941.355.0291
-E-mail: [email-masked]

-----Original Message-----
From: Roeland M.J. Meyer [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Saturday, June 05, 1999 9:18 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: What direction is the IETF heading ? That of Censorship

I do, thank Bob Allisat. I would also like to be excluded from this
discussion.
... and Bob, please don't include me in these off-list discussion and
issues of yours, unless it addresses direct and personal concerns of
mine, in the future. My mailbox runneth over ...

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Milton Mueller [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Saturday, June 05, 1999 4:52 PM
>
> Please omit me, too. I am not part of this controversy and do
> not know how I
> got on this list of names.
>
>
> Einar Stefferud wrote:
>
> > Please omit me <stef#nma.com> from this discussion.  Thanks...\Stef
>
> --
> m i l t o n   m u e l l e r // m u e l l e r @ s y r . e d u
> syracuse university          http://istweb.syr.edu/~mueller/
>
>

---

From: "Jim Fleming" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 10:18:38 -0500

Let me get this straight. Are you saying that you are not concerned about
encoding a serial number in IPv6 packets which is tied to the person's
NIC card ?

....and, you do not think that is a technical issue...?

Jim Fleming

@@@@ http://www.apnic.net/drafts/ipv6/ipv6-policy-280599.html#4.2

"Because all interface IDs are required to be in the EUI-64 format (as
specified in RFC 2373 and RFC 2374) the boundary between the network and
host portions is "hard" and ID address space cannot be further sub-divided."

@@@@@@@@@@@@@

GUIDELINES FOR 64-BIT GLOBAL IDENTIFIER (EUI-64) REGISTRATION AUTHORITY
General The IEEE defined 64-bit global identifier (EUI-64) is assigned by a
manufacturer that has been assigned a company_id value by the IEEE
Registration Authority. The 64..
--http://standards.ieee.org/regauth/oui/tutorials/EUI64.html

Testbed Addressing TOP LEVEL AGGREGATOR Test pTLA Viagénie NLA prefix
remainder of NLA SLA Interface eui-64 3F FE 0B xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx
xx xx xx NEXT LEVEL ADDRESS - RANs Regional Advanced Network pTLA sTLA CLA
NLA NATIONAL BACKBONE 3F..
--http://www.6pop.canet2.net/connections.html

-----Original Message-----
From: Juan del Villar <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Cc: Jeff Williams <[email-masked]>; Bob Allisat <[email-masked]>; Jim
Fleming <[email-masked]>; [email-masked] <[email-masked]>;
[email-masked] <[email-masked]>; [email-masked] <[email-masked]>; Sue Leader
<[email-masked]>; [email-masked] <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]
<[email-masked]>; Roeland M.J. Meyer <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]
<[email-masked]>; [email-masked] <[email-masked]>;
[email-masked] <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]
<[email-masked]>; Michael Sondow <[email-masked]>; Milton Mueller
<[email-masked]>; Matt Crawford <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]
<[email-masked]>; [email-masked] <[email-masked]>;
[email-masked] <[email-masked]>; Karl Auerbach
<[email-masked]>; [email-masked] <[email-masked]>; Jonathan Zittrain
<[email-masked]>; [email-masked] <[email-masked]>; Jim
Bound <[email-masked]>; Jay Fenello <[email-masked]>;
[email-masked] <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]
<[email-masked]>; [email-masked] <[email-masked]>; Gordon Cook
<[email-masked]>; [email-masked] <[email-masked]>; Gene Marsh
<[email-masked]>; [email-masked] <[email-masked]>;
[email-masked] <[email-masked]>; Esther Dyson
<[email-masked]>; Ellen Rony <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]
<[email-masked]>; [email-masked] <[email-masked]>;
[email-masked] <[email-masked]>; Cyndi Jung
<[email-masked]>; Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>; Ben Edelman
<[email-masked]>; [email-masked] <[email-masked]>;
[email-masked] <[email-masked]>; [email-masked] <[email-masked]>;
[email-masked] <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]
<[email-masked]>; A.M.Rutkowski <[email-masked]>; U.S. Secretary of
State <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]
<[email-masked]>
Date: Monday, June 07, 1999 9:21 AM
Subject: RE: What direction is the IETF heading ? That of Censorship