Subject: Comments on STD-1: RFC-2500

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 04:42:54 +0000

Hello:

If I could offer you only one tip for the future, "good archival"
would be it. The long-term benefits of "good archival" have been 
proved by scientists, whereas the rest of my advice has no basis 
more reliable than my own meandering experience: everyone is free! 

STD-1 -- the most important document of the IETF realm -- has been 
updated from RFC-2400 to RFC-2500. The document itself is 
available at <http://www.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2500.txt>. IMHO, this 
is a major upgrade (from September 1998 to June 1999) with 
significant down-sizing (from ca. 110 kb to 78 kb). This is the 
first STD-1 that "fully recognize" BCP-9/RFC-2026 (the Internet 
Standard Process version 3.0), which is IMHO an IETF masterpiece. 
The authors have been changed from "J. Postel and J. Reynolds" to 
"J. Reynold and R. Braden" for obvious reason. However, what is 
not so obvious is the header change from "the Internet 
Architecture Board" to "the Internet Engineering Task Force". 
I am just wondering why....

Moreover, IMHO, it would be nice if such an important document
is put first as an I-D for accuracy verification as well as
typo correction. Embarrassing enough, the first typo "stnadards" 
occurs in the first paragraph of the introduction!

tabe,

-- 
-Rahmat M. Samik-Ibrahim VLSM-TJT http://dmoz.org/Bookmarks/R/rms46
-Read the directions,even if you don't follow them!Everybody's Free