Subject: Apologies

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 15:40:46 -0400

Fred,
	I am sorry...I didn't mean this to be so nasty and reading it, I realize it
was....Please accept my apology...

I am just frustrated at the direction the list has been taking lately...

-Scot Mc Pherson
-Application Engineer
-Wave Wireless Networking
-Div. of SPEEDCOM International
-Phone: 941.358.9283 ext.327
-Fax: 941.355.0291
-E-mail: [email-masked]

-----Original Message-----
From: Scot Mc Pherson [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, June 07, 1999 2:53 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: FW: What direction is the IETF heading ? That of Censorship

Maybe it would help, stifle inadequate and perpetually chaos generating
communications if readers did not truncate and reduce original e-mails when
making comments. Reading just the line below, it may seem that Fred's advise
is infact what is required. In fact, though, the whole point of my message
which contained this line, was to make a point which said in sum, that we
really need to stop worrying about who says what, and get on with our lives.
If you would like I can repost the original so that the whole message is
understood, but I would simply ask that you go through your inbox and find
the original message...I believe if you read the entire e-mail, that the
message is not anywhere near what it appears to be in your reply...

As a matter of fact I was being very sarcastic, because I think this whole
discussion has truly proved that the IETF mailing list has become a who says
what, and who did what to whom forum, instead on focusing on events and
issues that are relevant and what the focus of this group is supposed to
be...issues which refect and advance the best current practices of the
Internet.

Please continue to perpetuate the chaos, that is exactly what this group
needs....In case this is misunderstood as well, I am being sarcastic
again...

-Scot Mc Pherson
-Application Engineer
-Wave Wireless Networking
-Div. of SPEEDCOM International
-Phone: 941.358.9283 ext.327
-Fax: 941.355.0291
-E-mail: [email-masked]

-----Original Message-----
From: Fred Baker [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, June 07, 1999 1:16 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: FW: What direction is the IETF heading ? That of Censorship

At 11:03 AM 6/7/99 -0400, [email-masked] wrote:
>Maybe
>it would be nice if each of us could post a short e-mail discribing what
our
>exact interests are in this list.

The charter for this list was designed in the poisson working group. I
would suggest that if additional discussion is required, it should happen
there.