Subject: Re: Which-endian identification?

From: Graham Klyne <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 09:46:32 +0100

Wow, that discussion seems like a lifetime ago! (About 6 months actually.)

As I recall, it started with a discussion about introducing a new domain
name form that had its most gobal component at the left hand end;  from
about this point, the debate wandered off into philosopical and historical
considerations, with some tutorial material posted on the history of number
systems.  Some interesting material, but I don't think there was any real
conclusion.

#g
--

At 10:04 26/06/99 -0700, Fred Baker wrote:
>taking the chair hat off and participating in a technical conversation (I'm
>sensitive about that, because it seems like mostly what I do on this list
>is blast people, something which is a distasteful part of my job)...
>
>I've missed something. What does this conversation have reference to? Are
>we discussing what order things should be represented in, in a general
>sense, or are we discussing a specific proposal?
>

------------
Graham Klyne
([email-masked])

---

From: Graham Klyne <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 09:46:32 +0100

#g
--

------------
Graham Klyne
([email-masked])