Subject: The IETF list has become quieter

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 11:43:56 +0200

I ran across this fun statistic when I started gzipping my archives
of ietf+censored.

-rw-rw-r--   1 majordom nobody    1056476 Jul 31  1998 ietf+censored.9807
-rw-rw-r--   1 majordom nobody     930822 Aug 31  1998 ietf+censored.9808
-rw-rw-r--   1 majordom nobody    1371235 Sep 30  1998 ietf+censored.9809
-rw-rw-r--   1 majordom nobody     861554 Oct 31  1998 ietf+censored.9810
-rw-rw-r--   1 majordom nobody    1481880 Nov 30  1998 ietf+censored.9811
-rw-rw----   1 majordom nobody    1437217 Dec 29 07:23 ietf+censored.9812
-rw-rw----   1 majordom nobody     926357 Jan 31 23:44 ietf+censored.9901
-rw-rw----   1 majordom nobody     469610 Feb 27 19:32 ietf+censored.9902
-rw-rw----   1 majordom nobody     842661 Mar 31 23:00 ietf+censored.9903
-rw-rw----   1 majordom nobody     318949 Apr 29 19:12 ietf+censored.9904
-rw-rw----   1 majordom nobody     288977 May 31 06:21 ietf+censored.9905
-rw-rw----   1 majordom nobody     338263 Jun 16 19:27 ietf+censored.9906

And for the rejects:

-rw-rw-r--   1 majordom nobody     810488 Jul 27  1998 ietf+censored-rejects.9807
-rw-rw-r--   1 majordom nobody     195614 Aug 31  1998 ietf+censored-rejects.9808
-rw-rw-r--   1 majordom nobody     918432 Sep 30  1998 ietf+censored-rejects.9809
-rw-rw-r--   1 majordom nobody     508655 Oct 30  1998 ietf+censored-rejects.9810
-rw-rw-r--   1 majordom nobody     623026 Nov 30  1998 ietf+censored-rejects.9811
-rw-rw----   1 majordom nobody     326559 Dec 23 10:29 ietf+censored-rejects.9812
-rw-rw----   1 majordom nobody     397191 Jan 31 02:39 ietf+censored-rejects.9901
-rw-rw----   1 majordom nobody     129417 Feb 18 20:38 ietf+censored-rejects.9902
-rw-rw----   1 majordom nobody     286489 Mar 28 23:48 ietf+censored-rejects.9903
-rw-rw----   1 majordom nobody     227649 Apr 29 20:07 ietf+censored-rejects.9904
-rw-rw----   1 majordom nobody      15038 May  7 22:54 ietf+censored-rejects.9905
-rw-rw----   1 majordom nobody     140995 Jun 16 09:42 ietf+censored-rejects.9906

In other words: Traffic has dwindled from 1 MB/month to 0.3 MB/month on the
accepted list, while rejected traffic has dwindled from 0.8 MB/month to below
0.2 MB/month.

This is *extremely* unscientific. But it's fun to look at.

                         Harald A

-- 
Harald Tveit Alvestrand, Maxware, Norway
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 12:59:35 -0500 (CDT)

> accepted list, while rejected traffic has dwindled from 0.8 MB/month to below

Bearing in mind some of the recent traffic on this list, I'd have to subscribe 
to the maxim that "Silence is Golden."

;-)

=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=
Robert G. Ferrell
Internet Technologist
National Business Center-Texas, US DoI  [email-masked]
***************************************************************
private static class NT extends DOS implements Nothing {
***************************************************************

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 12:59:35 -0500 (CDT)

;-)